The UK is currently in lockdown, and with the government advice to “Stay indoors,” it seemed like a good time to get to know the DV1 digital scanner.
- 100 kHz to 1300 MHz
- FM,AM, USB,LSB,CW
- D-STAR, DMR, C4FM
- Alinco,dPMR, P25,Tetra
- 3 VFO – 2000 Memory in 40 Banks
Scanning rules vary, please check local laws if in doubt.
- The AOR DV1 Operating manual is available here.
- AOR maintain a list of third part software online
- AOR DV1 latest firmware available online
- Read the Radio Users review of the AR-DV1
The receiver connects to your PC via USB and requires Software to enable easy allocation of memory channels. You can search online, software ranges from free beta to expensive commercial software.
DL8MRE Marcus has written some software on his site. This costs around £40, but works well and allows you to edit and search VFO with ease. The format of the native AOR memory files (CSV) is a mystery, no one seems to understand the syntax. I may have a go at decoding them sometime.
DV1 Manager by F5HPE – Free to 10EU
Online resources for finding frequencies
- Radio Reference UK – Site requires a subscription to work fully
- UK Radio Scanning forum – Large online resource.
- Forums Online – Covers many scanner types and regions
- UK Scanning.com – Online resource
- UK Scanning Directory – Purchase list available
Scanning for Air traffic is a large part of the hobby, and so some resources can be found online.
- Online Frequency guide from NATS
- Guide to 8.33kHz channels
- OFCOM guide to 8.33kHz channels
- Recreational flying frequencies
- Controller v Scanner Frequency guide
- British Skydiving Frequencies Subject to regular updates in forms
- Frequency Guide to UK Airports worldwide available here
This page will be updated as and when further resources become available.
If you have any resource suggestions, please comment and I will include them.